Our priority is to gather again in the safest capacity possible. Therefore, considering all these factors and with the understanding that each decision will be re-evaluated regularly, the Session has decided the following for re-opening worship:
- Masks will be required for vaccinated and unvaccinated alike
- Worship leaders who are vaccinated will be unmasked while singing and socially distanced from the congregation
- Congregants are encouraged to sing softly to decrease the chance of spread
- Maintain Social distancing; please sit together with family or pods
- Respect a no-touch policy (including hugs and handshakes).
- Please do not congregate in hallways or doorways to provide distancing
- The passing of the Peace will be suspended for the time being
- Fellowship Time will be suspended
- Offering plates will be available in the back but will not be passed
This year has been a difficult one for all of us. Session has taken measures to be as responsible as possible to all in our community. If you are uncomfortable with these measures, we invite you to watch the service online. If you choose to come to worship, we are under the assumption that you agree to abide by the measures above; we ask that you not put additional strain on volunteers to enforce these guidelines. We know Ashland to be a loving and respectful community and trust that we will all do what we can to respect one another.
Thank you for understanding.